We hear it often: “when I found my true purpose in the world, my life transformed” or “the dollars flowed when I finally found my purpose in life”. There are thousands upon thousands of examples of people who have excelled in life once they found their true-life purpose, but what is it exactly?
Life Purpose is defined as: Your life purpose consists of the central motivating aims of your life—the reasons you get up in the morning. Purpose can guide life decisions, influence behavior, shape goals, offer a sense of direction, and create meaning.
I like to think of my true-life purpose as operating in my Realm of Destiny, also known as our Zone of Genius.
Our activities in the world occur in 4 main Zones:
- The Zone of Incompetence (Stress/Anxiety)
- The Zone of Competence (Unfulfillment/Boredom)
- The Zone of Excellence (Comfort/Satisfaction)
- The Zone of Genius (Ultimate Purpose/Fulfilment)
Let’s summarise each of these:
- Made up of all the activities you are not good at, which others can do much better
- Wasting time and energy doing things which you have no natural talent for
- When operating in this zone, it creates feelings of frustration and ultimately stress and anxiety
- Avoid doing them altogether, or find creative ways to avoid them
- Consists of activities that you are generally good at and can do on autopilot
- Others can do the activities just as well as you can
- Successful people spend too much time in this zone
- Creates feelings of comfort, boredom and unfulfillment
- These are the activities you do extremely well, and make a good living at doing them
- In this zone you are steady-eddy, and it’s where those around you want you to stay
- However, it’s seductive and even a dangerous trap to remain in this zone
- Creates feelings of comfort and low levels of satisfaction, which quickly morph into ‘competence’ feelings of unfulfillment and boredom after a period of time
- Set of tasks and activities that are uniquely suited to you, expressing your natural gifts and strengths
- As life goes on, we are drawn in ever closer to this zone, it’s a ‘calling’ and we ignore it at our peril
- It creates feelings of excitement, exhilaration, and it becomes your reason for getting out of bed in the morning
- Operating in natural genius is the ultimate path to success and life satisfaction
How can you identify when you are in your zone of Genius?
- You are loving what you are doing with every fibre of your being
- You are enjoying what you have
- Your very presence inspires people where ever you go in the world
- You are regularly experiencing heights of abundance, love and creativity